Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mr Whiskers Out of Cage

About a week went by and even though he is full grown, he just seemed to be getting too big for his cage. He was coming forward as I fed him, not retreating into his crate, and meowing once again. I was able to touch him with the feather--to stroke him. So I felt he was comfortable enough to roam the room. The lady who's porch he was living on brought over his kitty pad and the blanket I bought him the beginning of last winter. He uses them all the time. It's very sweet.

I get to do some touches while he is eating, stroking along the side of his head, his ears, a bit don his side.  He is growing less fearful once again. Tonight he even brushed up against me, but then retreated. It made me chuckle because we're constantly reminded in the Tellington Touch training that it's moments, not minutes, and I think Mr W gave me a sample of that tonight. Now he knows it can be safe. He's beginning to really talk. He meows, I respond saying something like "Here's your dinner," then he meows in response and we go back and forth a bit like this.

Tonight I'm spending time near him, working on my computer. He's under the bed, but not too far under as evidenced by his feet. They look pretty relaxed. He's lying close, but where he's safe.

I'm hoping we can find a home for him soon, so I don't get too attached. And it's a bit challenging because I have to make sure I spend enough time with the other 3 downstairs. They know something is up and are a bit needier these days. A friend is a bit nervous that I may become a one of those ladies with 32 cats. I do not think I could survive anything like that.

1 comment: