Saturday, May 8, 2010

Cuddles

This is my healing cat. God was being a bit experimental when she got her colors. I need to bring her up right now. Cuddles appeared on my mother's porch one very cold winter night. I had just come from the grueling but healing task of cleaning out my then recently deceased ex-husband's apartment. As I drove up the driveway I saw her patiently waiting on the porch. I came out with some sardines for her which she inhaled and then, surprisingly, she jumped into my lap and started kneading my chest. I felt like I was getting a big hug. Never had I experienced a cat like this before. She was so warm and her fur thick and silky soft. Her purring was incredibly healing. This was a complete change from just the night before when I had tried to leave her a blanket on the porch and she hissed and poised he body like she was ready to go for my jugular, causing me to throw the blanket on the chair and back away slowly. The next morning, however, when I came out (very slowly and carefully) to give her some food, she ran out to me and for a second I panicked and she began rubbing her body all over my legs. This was when I realized how true the saying was--we don't choose cats, they choose us. I feel so very blessed to have Cuddles in my life. She is the most luscious cuddler (my mother named her, not I). I had been a tried and true dog person before I met Cuddles. She was the start of a whole new chapter in my life. I keep wondering how this happened. Did Curt send her to me? Or did his mother who had also taken in cats? My imagination was running a little wild. The first cat spirit had entered my life.
I will write more about Cuddles later, but if you would like to see her lovely kittens you can go to http://picasaweb.google.com/ktyates/CuddleSKittens2#. Looking forward to sharing this chapter!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! How lucky you are. I've been housesitting for dogs recently. I was always a cat lady until Ian brought home Zeus. Now I'm a dog person, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha, I always thought i was a dog person and now look!!

    ReplyDelete