Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mr Whiskers Inside


So many things happened at once. I sent an email announcement about Mr Whiskers being available for adoption. Got an invitation to an evening fundraiser for Foster cats, where I brought a big poster about Mr Whiskers and Ms Patches. The next morning I got a call from a rescue group saying they had a foster home could I get Mr Whiskers to the vet right away. Got up bright and early the next morning. Mr Whiskers was very cooperative going into a cage so I could get him to the vet. He got a totally clean bill of health. Yes, Mr W!! All was going swimmingly til I was not hearing back from the potential foster mom. Long story short now Mr W is on the third floor of my mother's house, awaiting his next destination. I made him a little home in a cage until he gets a little calmed down, then I'll let him free in the room. I'm praying that his person will come along so they both can enjoy each other. As you can see he has a place to retreat into, the necessaries, a couple of toys and a piece of wood to scratch on. What I've found so far is that the strays living outside either have never experienced corrugated cardboard or have forgotten what it's for. But they love to scratch wood. He did come out to try it out. Right now he's very scared of me, which is sad cause we were really getting to be great buddies. He's inside the carrier. When I first come up he's usually resting in the little cat bed on top of the carrier. Oh well, hopefully in a couple of days he'll trust me more again. I have been doing a little TTouch with the feather--easy strokes around the side of his face and a little on the top of his head. He puts up with it, once he even settled and sighed. Right now he's sleeping. Not sure if he's escaping or just really relaxed. Saying a prayer tonight that we find his home very soon. I feel horrible that he has to be cooped up in a cage, but am telling him and me that this is just temporary--a period of adjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment