Saturday, May 1, 2010


Aroo is where this blog started and he has brought me back here again. I've been wanting to get going on this blog for 6 months. Aroo is a cat spirit, I'm convinced. His human, Jase, is facing a very serious health challenge and every Friday as I visited Jase, Aroo would greet me at the door and let me know how things were going--in his cat-like way. But not today.

Unfortunately, it seems that Aroo is facing his own big health challenge.

He was born with leukemia, and now, 7 years later complications have set in. But even though he is not eating and is sleeping a good deal of the day, when Jase's friend burst into tears (she just lost her brother to cancer) Aroo leapt off his chair and into her lap. I have other witnesses who saw this. Then, he moved onto the floor where he sat appearing tall and regal--where we could all see him. He caught us by surprise and we stared silently. His eyes beamed and he seemed to express in a non-verbal way that we should not fear death. It brought to mind a friend who told me of a near-death experience where she went "into the light" as so many in similar situations have expressed. She saw not only her relatives who passed before her, but her beloved dog and cat who had passed on. She had a distant look when she spoke of this experience and said that ever since then she has been looking longingly for the pure joy that she felt in those moments. I relayed this story to my friends in the room who have all lost loved ones recently. Aroo is gentle, loving, strong and demonstrative. Everyone who meets him falls in love with him--Aroo makes sure of that, he's very suave. He's an inspiration to us all and I would like to dedicate my blog to him.

1 comment:

  1. My old cat, Bootsie, used to jump up on my lap when I was crying, and lick my face, and purr. It was sooo comforting.

    ReplyDelete